HNB’s Mortgage Center Information Page
Learning Center, Resources, Tools and Secure Full & Short Applications
NEW! HNB PHFA Loans – 97% Financing!
Click for details!
Buying a new home should be a pleasant experience.
We’d like to help make it that way by taking the worry out of applying for a mortgage. That’s why we would like you to take our Home BuyAbility Test. It will help you find out how much home is right for you, so you can feel more comfortable when you apply for your mortgage loan with us.
We Finance Northeastern PA & Parts of the NY “Southern Tier”
The Mortgage Specialists at The Honesdale National Bank and the HNB Mortgage Center can make buying, building or refinancing your dream home a reality.
Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS)
All HNB lenders are licensed and registered with the NMLS. Click here for a list of our NMLS Registered Lenders
Email an HNB Mortgage Specialist
- Wayne & Pike Counties in PA and Sullivan County NY:
Honesdale(2) & Lackawaxen Branches - Rose Antoine NMLS ID # 462433
Hamlin & Lake Wallenpaupack Branches - Amy Milewski NMLS ID # 1024006
- Lackawanna and Susquehanna PA Counties:
Montdale & Forest City Branches - Alison Swanson Messina NMLS ID # 460295
- Luzerne & Wyoming Counties, PA:
HNB Mortgage Center - Jeanette Johnston NMLS ID # 462459
- Luzerne & Wyoming Counties, PA – Susan Mendygral NMLS ID # 462472
- Monroe County, PA and The Poconos – Mortgage Specialist
- Columbia & Montour PA Counties – HNB Mortgage
- HNB Mortgage Center – Serving All of NEPA: Mortgage Specialist
The Honesdale National Bank, Origination Co. NMLS ID# 446237
Select A Mortgage Loan To Fit Your Financial Situation. Before you apply for your mortgage loan, you’ll need to decide which type of loan may be right for you.
- Conventional Loans have a fixed rate and monthly payment for the entire life of the loan. It’s easy to budget for this type of loan because your payment will always be the same. The rate on a conventional mortgage loan is generally higher than an adjustable rate mortgage.
- Adjustable Rate Loans usually start with lower rates than conventional loans. We’ll let you know how much the rate can be adjusted over the life of the loan, so you’ll know from the beginning the absolute maximum amount you would ever have to pay. If you will be moving in a few years, or if you think interest rates will be going down, you’ll want to consider an adjustable rate since monthly payments may be lower.
- FHA Loans offer lower interest rates, require a relatively small down payment, and are insured through the Federal Housing Administration.
Inquire About the Current PHFA 30-Year Fixed Rates
Closing Cost Assistance Program
Once you know approximately how much home is in your price range, use the guide below or our convenient Mortgage Loan Calculator to estimate your monthly payments based on the principal and interest. Closing costs are normally paid in a lump sum at the time you take out the loan. Other annual costs such as taxes, insurance and mortgage life insurance are also not included on the chart, but may be added to your monthly payments.
Monthly Mortgage Payment Guide
|Mortgage Amount||4% APR||5% APR||6% APR||7% APR||8% APR|
|$ 60,000||$ 286||$ 322||$ 360||$ 399||$ 440|
|$ 80,000||$ 382||$ 429||$ 480||$ 532||$ 587|
|$ 100,000||$ 477||$ 537||$ 600||$ 665||$ 734|
|$ 120,000||$ 573||$ 644||$ 719||$ 798||$ 881|
|$ 140,000||$ 668||$ 751||$ 839||$ 931||$ 1,028|
|$ 160,000||$ 764||$ 859||$ 959||$ 1,064||$ 1,174|
|$ 180,000||$ 859||$ 966||$ 1,079||$ 1,198||$ 1,321|
|$ 200,000||$ 955||$ 1,074||$ 1,199||$ 1,331||$ 1,468|
The above rates are for illustrative purposes only. They are based on the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) indicated for principal and simple interest with a term of 30 years. Actual payments will be higher than those indicated above. We offer a variety of mortgage plans.
Is Refinancing Right For You? Generally, it’s a good idea for you to consider refinancing whenever the interest rate for mortgages is more than two percentage points below your present mortgage. And whether you apply with us for a new mortgage to buy the home you want, or to refinance your present mortgage, ask about a Homeowner’s Credit Line. It can help you save on fees when you apply; interest when you want to borrow money; and, on taxes at the end of the year. Apply Online today, or for more details, speak to one of our mortgage loan experts at (800) 426-4884